Sunday, August 8, 2004

New York Yankees News

I went to the Yankees game yesterday in The Bronx with my father and friend A. A sat in the bleachers (as he usually does) and my father and I were in the loge. It was a really cool game to see. El Duque pitched and had something like 7 strikeouts. It was great to see him make such a HUGE comeback. Bernie Williams was the MAN yesterday as well. He had a two-run double that was so great to see. I LOVE Bernie! And I got pictures of it all. And about 50 pictures of Derek Jeter bending over. Damn he is so fine! We got to watch batting practice. I took a picture of the flags that they have, Yankees in 1st place, Boston in 2nd...that's the way it should always be..oh yeah, it pretty much is!

New York Yankees News
El Duque holds Blue Jays at bay
...
Bernie Williams hits a two-RBI single during the fifth inning on Saturday. (Ed Betz/AP)
...
Orlando Hernandez was the latest Yankees hurler to dazzle the home crowd, as El Duque continued his storybook comeback with eight shutout innings against the Blue Jays. New York topped Toronto, 6-0, beating its AL East foes for the sixth time in seven meetings this season.
"It's great for us," said manager Joe Torre. "Everybody is in a pretty good mood. The last three games, everybody has been on their toes and doing good things."
...









No comments: