Star Wars: Attack of the (Mistaken) Clones
Attack of the Clones (2002)
Directed by George Lucas
According to Movie-Mistakes.com, here are the Most-Mistake Ridden Movies
Rank Film Number of mistakes
1 - The Matrix - 146
2 - Titanic - 135
3 - Spider-Man - 123
4 - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - 117
5 - Jurassic Park - 95
6 - Gladiator - 93
7 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 89
8 - Pearl Harbor - 79
9 - Star Wars - 78
10 - Independence Day - 76
11 - Top Gun - 73
12 - The Wizard of Oz - 72
13 - The Mummy Returns - 67
14 - Saving Private Ryan - 67
15 - Austin Powers: Spy Who Shagged Me - 63
16 - Charlie's Angels - 62
17 - Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade - 62
18 - Raiders of the Lost Ark - 62
19 - Return of the Jedi - 60
20 - Braveheart - 54
Attack of the Clones - 42
1. When Padme gets her back scratched she seems to bleed. Even though she is wearing all white, and the scratches seems to be deep, her white top remains squeaky clean during the rest of the movie and does not get dirty from her wound.
2. How is it that one slash on Amidala's back ripped off the entire midriff of her shirt, and both of her sleeves?
3. When Anakin is fighting the geonosis guards in the droid factory, he does a backwards roll to avoid being hit, while doing so he rolls right on one of the molten pieces of metal on the conveyor belt...
4. When Anakin jumps off the speeder when they are chasing Zen the assassin and drops to land on Zen's craft, you can see a bulge in the back of his costume that is obviously the shackle which the cable that is holding him is attached to.
5. On Tatooine when Anakin first gets on to the swoop bike, two legs which the bike is standing (hovering) on is visible. This is even so while he is racing along tatooine landscape. These legs are no longer visible when he returns with Shmi.
6. During the sequence where Obi-wan goes to meet Yoda regarding the abscence of Kamino from the Jedi Archives, look closely at the collection of children Yoda is training. While most are human, there is one that is alien, with a reptilian face of dark skin. He sure moves fast, because at first he is at the back in the centre of the group of trainees, in the next shot he is at the fron of the group of trainees, and by the end of the scene, he is on the far left, yet we never see him, or any of the other children, move.
7. After the fight scene between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett at Kamino, as Jango runs up the walkway into his ship, the door closes from above and knocks Jango in the head as he enters. I'm fairly sure that who shot is computer generated, so it must have been deliberate - a little nod to the Storm trooper in Star Wars, perhaps?
8. After landing at Geonosis to save Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme have a brief discussion in the ship next to C3PO and R2D2. Then they walk down the small hall and exit the ship to the right. R2 and C3PO then have a discussion. A few moments later R2 and 3PO leave the ship...but exit to the left.
9. When Yoda and Mace listen to the Senate voting Palpatine emergency powers, Yoda starts on the top ledge nearest the Senate chamber. When the shot changes he has moved down onto a different ledge which wasn't there before.
10. In the arena battle, the creature that looks like a crab is a complete StarCraft rip off of the Lurker - click here to see it.
11. Just a small visual error on behalf of computer animation. On Geonesis, after Anakin and Senator Amidala get out of the ship in the steamvent area. Anakin ducks under a doorway on his way into the droid production factory, but if you look closely, his head goes "through" the doorway a bit. This is most likely due to the fact that the doorway was computer generated onto a blue screen, and "Anakin" didn't duck correctly.
12. In the arena scene, Anakin's pillar already has a chain hanging from the top before he is led to it, however, when he is led to the pillar, the chain is no longer there, and a new one is hoisted to the top by the flying Geonosian guard.
13. When Obi-Wan goes to the water planet and talks to the Prime Minister in his office. The alien is of course computer generated. When the actors do their blue screen work, markers are put up for them to look at so that when the finished shot is done, and the alien is put in, it looks like they're looking at the alien. In this scene, Obi-Wan is clearly not looking at the alien. (On one of the "making of" trailers at starwars.com you can hear George Lucas jokingly say "Eye-lines! I don't care about no stinking eye-lines," and the scene behind him is Obi-Wan talking to the alien...)
14. When C3PO losses his head in the droid factory. He wanders toward the assembly line, filled with droids being fit with heads. Suddenly he is shown stepping into an open spot on the previously full conveyor. Where did this "open space" come from?
15. When Obi-wan tries to apprehend Jango fett, Jango has 2 blasters. What happens to the other one, after it shows one blaster knocked to the ledge?
16. On Tatooine when Anakin first gets on to the swoop bike, two legs which the bike is standing (hovering) on is visible. This is even so while he is racing along tatooine landscape. These legs are no longer visible when he returns with Shmi's body.
17. In the introduction, when text flows across the screen, the words "ten thousand solar systems" appear. Strictly speaking, there is only one Solar system - ours. A star with planets is a "star system", our star is called "Sol", hence, the Solar System. This trivial error is made in many sci-fi films, BUT the Star Wars series has never fallen into this error before. Remember Episode IV, where Leia says something like, "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers" (and that's only one example). So why, why, why has George Lucas allowed such a trivial but irksome error to be made here?
18. Earlier in the movie Padme is packing her luggage to leave Coruscant (while she is talking to Anakin). In one shot she has a red folded garment in her hands and in the next one she is putting some dark stuff into her case.
19. When Obi-Wan is on Geonosis secretly listening to Count Dooku's plan with the seperatists. If Dooku is such a great Jedi/Sith wouldn't he be able to sense Obi-Wan there listening?
20. When Dooku tries to make the tower fall on Ben and Anakin, why does Yoda struggle so much to levitate it and move it out the way, when in episode V he gives Luke a lecture about things not being heavy for a Jedi?
21. During the scene in which Anakin Skywalker is en route to the Tusken camp in search of his mother, in which he is riding a speeder bike, there is only one sun in the sky. This planet supposedly has two.
22. On Tatooine, Amidala presses a button to retransmit the message from Obi-wan. A moment later, she presses the same button to bring up the map showing Obi-wan's location and the distances between Tatooine and Couruscant. Not only does this same button do double duty, but with one press it knows she wants to show the location of the three planets.
23. When Amidala and some of the clone troopers get blown out of the ship chasing Dooku, later the trooper approaches Amidala and asks about making their way back to the front lines, but Amidala says they should go to the hangar to help Obi-Wan and Ani. How did she know about the hangar, having left the ship quite some time before it arrived at the final destination?
24. When Amidala & Anakin are eating and he cuts her a piece of the fruit and "floats" it back to her, the bite appears in the fruit a split second before she actually eats it.
25. In an early scene with Yoda talking to Mace Windu in the Jedi council room, he sits on his little Jedi throne balancing his hands atop his cane. As the shots change angle, the cane isn't there. To top it off, Yoda's hands remain as if still atop the cane...
26. In the fight scene between Yoda and Count Dooku, Jedi powers crumble part of the roof, which then falls to the floor. Later in the scene, after the hand to hand combat, the roof mess has miraculously vanished - none of it remains on the floor.
27. When Anakin and Padme are standing outside the Lars' house, we see their shadows projected on to the side of the house (with Anakin's shadow looking worryingly like Darth Vader's). However, in the next shot their shadows have moved about 4 feet to the left.
28. When Palpatine is speaking to the Jedi very near the beginning, the ships in the suspended invisible freeways on the background are always going on the same pattern. Notice that there is an elongated ship with a large rear tip, and then two smaller ships always seem to catch it at the same time. This goes on for about 3 minutes.
29. In the bar scene on Coruscant, when Anakin is tracking Zam Wessel through the bar, his Jedi braid changes sides - it is on the left side of his head in a shot where he is seen from behind. At all other times in the movie, the braid is on the right side of his head.
30. At the beginning of the scene where Anakin and Amidala are getting off the "train", R2-D2 is struggling down the stairs some way behind them. Their conversation flows continuously, but as soon as Anakin says "we've got R2 with us", R2-D2 is handily immediately behind them.
31. When Anakin is getting ready to ride off after his mother, you can see a small pile of boxes right next to his shadow that is being cast on the side of the Lars' house. Amidala comes out and we see their shadows, and the boxes have gone. Then when Anakin gets on the hoverbike and rides off, the boxes return.
32. In the scene on Geonosis where the droids are closing in on the remaining Jedi, the camera keeps cutting close and cutting back out. In only two of these changes is a blue Twilek visible. She has disappeared in the other camera angles.
33. As Padme and Anakin are about to leave their ship to save Obi-Wan right after landing in the exhaust shaft, she puts on a shawl-like piece of cloth over her shoulders facing forward. When they exit the ship, the shawl is suddenly backwards, with the two ends hanging behind her instead of in front of her.
34. At the start of the movie, when the ship on the platform explodes, it visibly knocks off one of the nubian fighters in the lower left. However, there still is the one Padme's security officer was in, and in a different shot, there are two side by side, equaling 4 fighters, but the very first few shots only show 3 escorting the senator's ship.
35. When Anakin and Padme enter the exhaust shaft, they land on a convenient landing pad. Why is there a landing pad in an exhaust shaft?
36. When Anakin is fighting Count Dooku, he takes Ben's blue light sabre in his left hand, in the next shot he is holding it in his right hand.
37. When Anakin and Padme are disguised as refugees? and are eating their meal in the hold of a ship with many other passengers. Padme leans forward to get some food, when the camera angle changes she is sitting upright in her seat against the chair back.
38. In the scene where Anakin and Padme are about to eat, Anakin uses the force to levitate her pear-like fruit to his plate. He then proceedes to cut it pretty much in half. However, the piece he sends over to her is much smaller than half - we even see the remainder of the pear on his plate which is substantially larger than it was in the shot before.
39. When Anakin is crying on Tattooine, he starts to cry and the tears are running down his face, but then they disappear and his face is completely dry, then there are more tears, and the same thing happens again.
40. As Anakin and Amidala are landing on Tattooine, the sun on the set and the sun reflection off their ship are in different directions. The double sun would not account for this, as they are not far enough apart.
41. When Anakin and Obi-Wan are going up the lift to meet Padme, the lift is on the right hand edge of the building so when they get out they can physically only turn left. however they get out, meet Jar-Jar, and turn right.
42. When Anakin is on Tatooine talking to Watto, there are two of Watto's worker-droids visible in the background between them (behind Anakin, screen left). In front of these droids is a box, presumably theirs to carry. In the very next shot, which shows Anakin leaving with Watto, the droids are still there, but the box is nowhere in sight.